- Public Works
- Transportation Projects
- Highway 61 Visioning Study
Highway 61 Visioning Study
Highway 36 & Lake Elmo Avenue Improvement Project In-Person Open House scheduled for April 19Washington County, in partnership with MnDOT and the Cities of Grant and Lake Elmo, is hosting an open house to plan for future improvements to the Highway 36 and County Highway 17 (Lake Elmo Avenue) Intersection. Read on...
Highway 61 Visioning Study In-Person Open House scheduled for April 5Washington County, MnDOT, and the City of Hugo are partnering on a corridor visioning study of Highway 61 through Hugo city limits. Join us for an open house to learn more and provide input to help define future improvements of this corridor. Read on...
Washington County, MnDOT, and the City of Hugo are partnering on a corridor visioning study of Highway 61 through Hugo city limits. A traffic, land use, and engineering analysis along with community input will help identify the long-range vision for the corridor that will be used to define future improvements and guide a potential jurisdictional transfer of the roadway from MnDOT to Washington County.
- Define a corridor vision that supports economic growth, community investment, and long-term transportation goals while increasing safety for all users
- Evaluate access and intersection locations onto Highway 61 and recommend future improvements at key locations
- Determine right-of-way needs for the corridor based on the needs of each travel mode (e.g., cars, trucks, transit, pedestrians, bicyclists)
- Identify pedestrian and bicycle safety and connectivity improvements throughout the corridor
- Determine a financial plan and timeline for the Highway 61 jurisdictional transfer through Hugo and Forest Lake
Study Process Overview
Subscribe for Project Updates
Sign up for email alerts to be the first to know about project updates and other ways to be involved in the project by clicking on the button below.
Washington County, in cooperation with the study partners, is leading a process to engage stakeholders and the public throughout the 2023 study process. The input received will inform the corridor vision and assist in identifying existing issues and potential future improvements.
Public involvement will be an ongoing activity involving both online resources and in-person events. This website will be periodically updated as new study information becomes available, and will provide details on upcoming and past engagement events.
Share your input!
Use this interactive comment map to view the study corridor and leave your feedback! Your comments on existing issues and how to improve the area are all valuable information as the project team moves forward in the study process.
Check back often for responses related to your post from the project team or other corridor users!
Upcoming Engagement Activities
Open House #1 (April 5, 2023)
- When: Wednesday, April 5 from 5 - 7 p.m. (no formal presentation)
- Where: Hugo City Hall - Oneka Room (14669 Fitzgerald Ave N, Hugo, MN 55038 )
Online Engagement #1
If you are unable to attend the in-person open house on April 5, an online engagement will also be available on the project website with all of the information provided at the in-person open house. Visit the project website anytime between April 5 - April 19 to view the online engagement and provide your feedback.
Past Engagement Activities
None to date, but check back as the study progresses for updates.