If I apply for child support services, do I have any rights?
You have the right to:
  • Receive fair, respectful, and nondiscriminatory treatment
  • Participate in any court action involving your case
  • Ask the child support office to review the amount of support payments and request the court modify your support order, if appropriate
  • Request in writing that your child support case be closed at any time, except if cash public assistance, medical assistance, MinnesotaCare and/or child care assistance is open for your minor child / children

Show All Answers

1. Who can receive child support?
2. What services are not available?
3. Who can use child support services?
4. After I apply, what else must I do?
5. If I apply for child support services, do I have any rights?
6. What is Contempt of Court?
7. What are the criteria for an obligor to be found in contempt?
8. How does contempt start?
9. What happens once the obligor is personally served?
10. Once the obligor is found to be in contempt, will payments start?
11. Will a contempt action automatically reinstate an obligor's driver's license?
12. The obligor did not show up at the contempt hearing, what happens now?
13. Can obligees bring obligors in for contempt themselves?
14. Why wouldn't contempt be used?