Who can use child support services?

The following people may use child support services:

  • Parents of minor children if one parent does not live with the child
  • Parents who pay court-ordered child support
  • People who have court-ordered physical custody of a minor child.
  • People who receive public assistance in the form of cash assistance, medical assistance, MinnesotaCare, and/or child care assistance for a minor child who lives in their home

Show All Answers

1. Who can receive child support?
2. What services are not available?
3. Who can use child support services?
4. After I apply, what else must I do?
5. If I apply for child support services, do I have any rights?
6. What is Contempt of Court?
7. What are the criteria for an obligor to be found in contempt?
8. How does contempt start?
9. What happens once the obligor is personally served?
10. Once the obligor is found to be in contempt, will payments start?
11. Will a contempt action automatically reinstate an obligor's driver's license?
12. The obligor did not show up at the contempt hearing, what happens now?
13. Can obligees bring obligors in for contempt themselves?
14. Why wouldn't contempt be used?