If you owned and occupied this property as your homestead on January 2, 2023, you may qualify for one or both of the following refunds:
- Property Tax Refund
- If your taxes exceed certain income-based thresholds, and your total household income is less than $128,280.
- The Special Homestead Credit Refund
- If you also owned and occupied this property as your homestead on January 2, 2022, and both of the following are true:
- The net property tax on your homestead increased by more than 12 percent from 2022 to 2023.
- And, the increase was at least $100, not due to improvements on the property.
More information on Property Tax Refunds is available from the Minnesota Department of Revenue.