What is a parental fee?
Parental fee is the legal responsibility both parents have to contribute toward their child’s out-of-home placement, treatment, examination and child care cost. By law, parents are required to pay a fee when their child is a participant in these services. Police-initiated placements such as a 72-hour hold and secure detention are included.

Out-of-home placements include:
• Family foster care
• Shelter care
• Group home
• Respite care
• Residential treatment care
• Detention
• Correctional

Treatment includes:
• Chemical dependency
• Sex offender
• Multi-Systemic Therapy

Show All Answers

1. How do I contact a probation officer?
2. Where do I fax/email offender documents? (program completions, AA cards, reports)
3. How do I check if my urine analysis color has been called and I live in Washington County?
4. How do I check if my urine analysis color has been called and I live outside of Washington County?
5. How do I contact Sentence to Service?
6. How do I make a restitution payment?
7. How do I email my Probation Officer or Case Management Specialist?
8. How do I file a court document such as an order for protection?
9. Who do I call if my account went to collections?
10. How do I find out when I have my next court date?
11. What is a parental fee?
12. How can my support costs for out-of-home placement, treatment or community based care be changed?
13. When will my parental fee begin and how is the fee determined?
14. How do I find out if someone is in a warrant status?