How do I apply for SNAP?

You can apply in a number of ways:

  • In person at any of our four office locations, between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Applications are available at all county offices, and workers are available during working hours to answer your questions about applying for SNAP benefits.
  • Online through MNBenefits
  • Print out and complete the Combined Application Form (CAF) (PDF) and mail to: Washington County Community Services, PO Box 30, Stillwater, MN 55082 OR drop off at any of our four office locations. The CAF is the application required to apply for SNAP and/or cash assistance. When your benefits begin depends on the date the county receives the first page of the Combined Application Form (CAF) or the online application via MNBenefits.

Show All Answers

1. Are there other food and nutrition programs?
2. How long does it take after I apply to know if I qualify?
3. If I get SNAP, how much will I get each month?
4. How do I apply for SNAP?
5. What foods are eligible for purchase through the SNAP?
6. How are SNAP benefits received?
7. How do I use my electronic food support benefits card?
8. Stores that accept Minnesota's Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Cards
9. What do I do if my SNAP benefits card is lost or stolen?
10. Do I have to use all my SNAP benefits up in the month I receive them?