Mental illness means an organic disorder of the brain or a clinically significant disorder of thought, mood, perception, orientation, memory, or behavior that is detailed in a diagnostic codes list published by the commissioner, and that seriously limits a person's capacity to function in primary aspects of daily living such as personal relations, living arrangements, work, and recreation.
Statewide Crisis Numbers
- Phone: **CRISIS (**274747).
- This number can only be used from a mobile phone to route the caller to their local mobile crisis team.
- Crisis Text Line: Text "MN" to 741741.
- Minnesota’s suicide prevention and mental health crisis texting services are now available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Toll-free number: 800-273-TALK (8255)