Masks are currently required for all vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and visitors over the age of two.Washington County is following CDC guidance that masks be worn indoors in communities experiencing a substantial level of COVID-19 transmission. Disposable masks will be available at the front desk.
Free Product Room COVID-19 Procedures
- Product limit: 10 products total; No more than four products per category.
- Latex paint limit: three 5-gallon and five 1-gallon containers still apply.
- No pets.
New Location for Food Scraps Drop-off
The food scraps drop-off at the Environmental Center has moved to a new and improved location. Customers dropping off food scraps no longer need to use the Environmental Center drive lane. Simply enter through the food scraps gates and follow directional signage carefully.
Protecting the Environment
Tours Are Available!
Ever wondered about where all the household hazardous waste you drop off goes to? Now is your chance to find out! Come get a behind the scenes tour of the Washington County Environmental Center! Tours are open to groups of at least 5 people and no more than 25. Call 651-430-6655 for more information or to schedule a tour.
Household Hazardous Materials Accepted
Automotive and Recreation From Homes
Home Improvement and Construction
Other Household Items
Yard & Garden
Batteries The Environmental Center accepts all batteries for recycling. View information on battery disposal at the Environmental Center.
View information about accepted recyclables.
Food Scraps (Organics)
Learn how to get started with food scraps drop-off.
The Environmental Center accepts sharps generated from households. Sharps are syringes, needles, and lancets. Please follow these steps before disposing of sharps:
- Place sharps in a rigid container such as a plastic laundry detergent bottle, coffee can with the lid taped shut, or sharps container.
- Put sharps in point first.
- Label the container “Do not recycle: household sharps.”
- Bring the container to the Environmental Center.
- Keep sharps containers separate from all other waste.
- When you arrive at the drop-off site, inform the staff that you have sharps for disposal.
- Loose sharps are not accepted.