- Public Health and Environment
- Public Health Services
- Community Health
- Mental Health and Well-being
Mental Health and Well-being
Mental health and well‐being refers to the interconnection between mental illness, mental health, mental well‐being, and the associated stigma. Poor mental health is associated with poor quality of life, higher rates of chronic disease, and a shorter lifespan.
The WellSpring Project
The WellSpring Project is a community-driven initiative that uses upstream public health strategies to promote resilience and healthy development for all people at every stage of life in Washington County.
Learn more at WellSpringProject.com.
988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
Call or text 988 or visit 988lifeline.org/chat
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the U.S.
Washington County Crisis Response Unit
The Crisis Response Unit provides 24/7/365 mobile crisis mental health services for adults and children experiencing a crisis. Mobile crisis interventions are face-to-face, short-term, intensive mental health services.
- Phone: 651-275-7400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Community Services' Crisis Response web page for more information.
Resources for People of Color
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective
- Black Mental Health Matters
- Irreducible Grace Foundation
- Therapy for Black Girls
- Directory of Black Psychotherapists
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Training
Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment encourages anyone in the community, who is interested, to take a lifesaving suicide intervention course. The QPR Gatekeeper online course teaches participants how to Question, Persuade, and Refer a person who may be considering suicide through a one hour session that can be accessed at any time.
* For School Health Professionals seeking QPR, there is a tailored training for you and you may be eligible for CE (Continuing Education) credit. Please contact Lisa.email@example.com for more information.
To access free training:
- Go to the QPR Gatekeeper training Portal qprtraining.com/setup
- Enter WCDPH as your Organization Code
- Select Create Account
- Complete and submit your registration form with your email
- QPR will display and email the newly created username and password
- Log in to begin training at qprtraining.com
Email Lisa Wong if you have any questions.