Middle St Croix Valley Regional Trail Master Plan
In 2022, Washington County is leading a master plan process for the Middle St Croix Valley Regional Trail - a document that will guide the future development of a multiuse trail that will run through eastern Washington County.
The future trail will feature vital connections to local trails, parks, schools, and businesses in the St. Croix River Valley.
Master Plan Process
Master plans are a product of collaboration with the community and agency stakeholders that delivers a comprehensive vision for the development of a future trail.
The regional trail master plan will provide the planning and implementation guidance for the future trail route alignment, right-of-way needs, trail amenities, natural resource management, and maintenance objectives.
Washington County is leading a process to engage stakeholders and the public throughout 2022. The input received will inform the future improvements proposed in the master plan.
Please view the online engagement and/or take this survey and provide input on the project vision and priorities:
- Online Engagement
September 14 -30 - link viewable, comment period now closed
- Middle St Croix Valley Regional Trail Master Plan - Engagement Survey
August 1 - September 30 - response period now closed
Community members are welcomed and encouraged to share feedback throughout the master planning process by attending one of our engagement opportunities or by emailing Connor Schaefer, Senior Planner.
Additional public engagement opportunities will be posted on this project webpage as they are scheduled.
Upcoming public engagement opportunities
- 10/3 - Bayport Farmer's Market
- 10/6 - She Ascends Hiking Group
Past engagement events attended by project team
- 6/9 & 6/15 - Learn to Ride Event
- 6/29 - Elected Official Engagement
- 7/14 - Lumberjack Days Kickoff Community Ice Cream Social at the Washington County Historic Courthouse
- 7/27 - Pop-up event at Selma's Ice Cream Parlor
- 8/2 - Heritage Day at Lake St Croix Beach
- 8/3 - Washington County Fair
- 9/14 - Open House at Afton-Lakeland Elementary School