Visit the Office of the Secretary of State's voter information to register to vote, check your voter registration status, and find answers to frequently asked question.
Register to vote on paper and in other languages. Information available on the Office of the Secretary of State's website.
In-Person Absentee Voting Locations:
Washington County residents in Mahtomedi, St Paul Park, South Washington County School District 833, and Stillwater School District 834 can vote early at any of these locations:
- Washington County Government Center: 14949 62nd Street North, Stillwater, MN 55082
- R.H. Stafford Library: 8595 Central Park Place, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Cottage Grove Service Center: 13000 Ravine Parkway South, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Headwaters Service Center: 19955 Forest Road North, Forest Lake, MN 55025
Vote Center hours:
- Monday - Friday, Sept. 22-Nov. 3: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov 4: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 6: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Washington County residents who live in Hastings School District 200 or Chisago Lakes School District 2144 will need to go to those school districts' absentee voting locations. Those are:
- Hastings School District Office, 1000 W. 11th St. (Door 22) Hastings, which is open 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Note, it will not be open on Friday, Oct. 20, or Saturday, Nov. 4, and it will not be open to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 6.
- Chisago Lakes School District Office, 29678 Karmel Ave., Chisago City, which is open 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To be eligible to vote in Minnesota, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day.
- Not currently incarcerated for a conviction of a felony offense.
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship in which a court has revoked your voting rights.
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law.
- Voters are encouraged to submit absentee ballot applications early.
- The earliest a ballot will be mailed to you is 46 days prior to Election Day for all elections except township elections.
- Allow enough time to complete the application. Have your ballot mailed to you, vote your ballot, and return it to Washington County via mail so it is received by Election Day.
- You cannot drop off your voted ballot at your precinct on Election Day. You may only be dropped off to an election judge at the Government Center in Stillwater by 8 p.m
Military and Overseas Voters
If you are a U.S. resident and resident of Minnesota who is in the military, including a spouse or dependents, or an overseas voter:
- Complete the online Military/Overseas FPCA Application on MNVotes.gov.
- Complete on the FPCA Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) and mail, fax, or email it to Washington County, using the contact information below.
During the seven days preceding an election and until 8 PM on Election Day, an eligible voter may designate an agent to deliver the ballots to the voter from the County Auditor. Eligible voters include:
- A resident patient of a health care facility.
- A resident in a residential facility, shelter for battered women, or assisted living facility.
- A resident who would have difficulty getting to the polls because of incapacitating health reasons or have a disability.
To receive a ballot by agent delivery, complete the agent delivery and absentee ballot application (PDF).
Your designated agent can bring your application to any of the Washington County in-person absentee locations or to the Government Center in Stillwater to receive your ballot.
Washington County Elections
14949 62nd Street North
Stillwater, MN 55082
Polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. As long as you're in line by 8 p.m., you can vote, even if you do not reach the front of the line until after 8 p.m.
Polling places for school district elections may differ from locations for municipal and statewide elections.
To find your polling place, visit Voter Information Portal (state.mn.us)
For more information, visit Minnesota Secretary Of State - Election Day Voting