Join our team
The Sheriff's Office works closely with Washington County Human Resources when an employment opportunity becomes available. View current career opportunities and find out how to apply. Subscribe to our job opening notifications to receive a notice when a position you are interested in becomes available.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All potential Sheriff's Office employees must undergo a thorough pre-employment background investigation prior to being hired. Candidates for the positions of Patrol Officer/Deputy Sheriff, Correctional Officer, 911 Public Safety Dispatcher and Evidence Technician must undergo pre-employment psychological and medical examinations, and a drugs of abuse urinalysis test.
Starting your career at WCSO
The Washington County Sheriff's Office offers a wide variety of career opportunities for both peace officers and civilian personnel. Check out the below listed job descriptions to see which one may interest you.
- Deputy Sheriff/Patrol Officer
- Correctional Officer
- 911 Public Safety Dispatcher
- Office Support II
- Evidence Technician
Advancement and Special Assignments
Once hired by Washington County Sheriff's Office, exciting potential opportunities for career advancement and growth await both peace officer and civilian employees:
- Patrol Sergeant
- Correctional Sergeant
- Public Safety Answering Point
- Office Specialist
- Programs Coordinator
Our deputies begin by working in general patrol and patrol contract areas. Once established, they can apply for a variety of special assignment positions:
- Court Security Unit
- Water Parks and Trails Unit
- Investigator positions: General, Welfare Fraud, Computer Forensics, and Specialized Investigations
- Washington County Drug Task Force
- East Metro Sex Trafficking Task Force
- Civil Division
- School Resource Officer
- Court Security Corporal
Special Assignments for civilian employees
- Jail Corporal
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Additionally, our SWAT and Mobile Field Force, as well as our Community Engagement Team is made up of both peace officers and civilian employees.