Complaint of Discrimination
You can contact any of the following agencies directly to file a civil rights complaint:
- MN Department of Human Services
- MN Department of Human Rights
- U.S Department of Health & Human Services
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
The Minnesota Department of Human Services, Equal Opportunity and Access Division, prohibits discrimination in all of its programs because of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, public assistance status, age or disability. Contact the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Equal Opportunity and Access Division directly at P.O. Box 64997, St. Paul, MN 55164-0997. Telephone 651-431-3040 or use your preferred relay service.
The Minnesota Department of Human Rights prohibits discrimination in public services programs because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or public assistance status. Contact the Minnesota Department of Human Rights directly at Minnesota Department of Human Rights, Freeman Building, 625 North Robert Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. Telephone 651-539-1100 or toll free 800-657-3704 or TTY 651-296-1283.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights prohibits discrimination in its programs because of race, color, national origin, disability, age, and in some cases sex and religion. Contact the federal agency directly at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights, Region V, 233 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 240, Chicago, IL 60601. Telephone 312-886-2359 or Toll Free 800-368-1019 or TTY 800-537-7697.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
- If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at .
- Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).
- Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.