Washington County Parks natural beaches are open Memorial Day - Labor Day 2023. The Swim Pond at Lake Elmo Park Reserve will be open for weekends only beginning Saturday, May 27, 2023 and open daily beginning Saturday, June 10, 2023 until Sunday, August 20, 2023 for the 2023 season.
Natural Beaches are open from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily.
Organized groups that will be swimming must obtain prior approval at least seven days before your park visit.
- Restrooms are open at Big Marine Park Reserve Beach and playground, Square Lake Park Beach, and Point Douglas Park Beach.
- All beach users must social distance according to current State of Minnesota guidelines.
- Vehicle permits will continue to be enforced.
- If no lifeguards are present, safety breaks will not be called. Please remember to take breaks on hot days to get out of the sun, re-apply sunscreen, and drink water.
- If thunder or lightning is observed exit the water immediately and do not re-enter until at least 30 minutes has passed since last observation.
|Big Marine||Unguarded||On the gentle grade of Big Marine Lake, which makes this beach great for families.|
|Lake Elmo Swim Pond||Lifeguards daily Noon - 8 p.m.||A man-made two-acre swimming pond that is chlorinated and filtered.|
|Point Douglas Beach||Unguarded||510 feet of sandy beach and many scenic views of the St. Croix River.|
|Square Lake Beach||Unguarded||690 feet of sandy beach on the clearest and cleanest lake in the seven-county metro area.|
|St. Croix Bluffs Beach||Unguarded||A small, unguarded beach on the waters of the beautiful St. Croix River.|
For the protection of park resources and facilities and for the enjoyment of all visitors, please observe all regulations posted throughout the park:
- All children must be supervised by an adult
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in the water
- Please use swim diapers
- Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed
- All flotation devices, including water wings, air mattresses, kickboards, tubes, and noodles are not permitted
- Safety breaks are taken every hour between noon and 8 p.m. Please listen for lifeguard directions
- Dogs are not allowed on beaches or picnic areas. They are allowed on hiking trails only and must be on a leash
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages, including 3.2 beer, is prohibited.
- Glass containers are not permitted
- Smoking is not allowed on the sand, but is allowed in the grassy areas
- Please dispose of all waste in a garbage or recycling bin during your stay
- A permit is required for Metal Detecting in Washington County beaches. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organized groups that will be swimming must obtain prior approval at least seven days before your park visit. For group swim requests, please call 651-430-8370.